2019-20 Timetable for Hearing Admission Appeals
As an Own Admission Authority, and in accordance with the provisions of the new School Admission Appeals Code, The Fernwood School is required to set a timetable for hearing any appeals that are lodged.
At the present time the School contracts with Democratic Services of Nottinghamshire County Council to provide an admission appeals service for the School. Notification of precise arrangements within the scope of the timetable will, therefore, be given by the County Council acting as Clerk to the Admission Appeal Panel.
If you wish to lodge an appeal for a place at The Fernwood School during 2019/20 then you need to have regard to the following dates and timescales:-
- National Offer Date (for year 7, September 2019) – 1 March 2019
- Deadline for lodging an appeal – 28 March 2019
- Deadline for hearing on-time appeals – 17 June 2019
NOTE: Appeals lodged after 28 March 2019 will, where possible, be heard by 17 June 2019. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 17 June 2019 it will be heard within 30 school days of the date of receipt.
- Appeals for late applications – for applications made after 31 October 2018 (the closing date for the receipt of applications for transfer to secondary school) appeals will, where possible, be heard by 17 June 2019. Where it is not possible to hear the appeal by 17 June 2019 it will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
If you do submit an appeal, you will wish to be aware of the following timescales:-
- Letters notifying you of the date and time of your appeal will be sent to you at least 10 school days prior to your hearing (unless you have agreed to a shorter period than this to reflect your personal circumstances)
- If you wish to submit further information to the Appeal Panel (in addition to that contained in your appeal form) the Clerk to the Appeal Panel will request that this information be sent to the Clerk 10 days prior to your hearing. In any case, papers for your appeal (including the admission authority’s case) will be sent to all parties usually 5 school days prior to the hearing
- Wherever possible you will receive a decision letter in respect of your appeal within 5 school days of your hearing