Home/School Partnership Agreement
Published on 14th November 2014
The school will:
- Insist on high standards of both work and behaviour and develop pupils’ sense of responsibility and belonging to the school.
- Provide a safe, well-ordered and caring environment for pupils.
- Provide pupils with the opportunity to achieve their full potential by providing a balanced curriculum to meet their individual needs.
- Value pupils as individuals and give opportunities to them to express their views.
- Identify pupils’ academic and personal needs and provide appropriate intervention and support where necessary.
- Provide an annual written report and opportunities to discuss pupils’ progress, achievements and problems that might arise.
- Provide opportunities for parents to learn about and contribute to their child’s education, and issues affecting life in school.
The parent(s)/carer(s) will:
- Conduct all communication with the school in a polite and respectful manner in accordance with the ethos of the school.
- Take responsibility for and monitor pupils’ use of the computer/mobile phone to ensure they are used appropriately.
- Support the School’s Behaviour Policy and any sanctions issued.
- Ensure that pupils come to school regularly on time with the equipment that they need, and in the correct school uniform.
- Attend parents’ evenings, and discussions about pupils’ progress.
- Not take pupils out of school during term time.
- Support and encourage pupils in homework and reading.
- Support pupils’ involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Inform the school about any problem which might affect pupils’ work and behaviour.
- Check and sign the student planner each week.
The pupil will:
- Behave well and be polite and respect all in our community.
- Obey the school rules and accept sanctions in an appropriate way.
- Show respect to school staff, fellow pupils, school property and the school environment.
- Not bring mobile phones, iPods, MP3 players or any other valuables into school.
- Arrive at school and lessons on time.
- Bring the correct equipment for each day and look after it when in school.
- Follow the school rules with regard to school uniform and appearance.
- Work hard and do all their class work and any homework as well as they can.
- Act as Ambassadors when off the school premises.
- Keep their parent(s)/carer(s) informed and involved in their life at school.
The Fernwood School Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Policy (see Policy for further detail)
We understand that if any pupil:
- is in possession of drugs in school
- passes drugs or substances alleged to be drugs on to another pupil
- asks another pupil to get drugs for them in school
they are likely to be permanently excluded
Parent/Carer Signature: _______________________ Name : ____________________________
Pupil Signature:_______________________________Name: _____________________________
Tutor Group:_________________________________ Date: ______________________________
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN THE HOME/SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
TO THE FERNWOOD SCHOOL